Vist 282 gange, downloadet 8 gange
tæt på Windhoek West, Khomas (Republic of Namibia)
I spent in Namibia three weeks, and I cycled 15 days to run the present trail.
The most interesting places visited where the famous dunes at Sossusvlei, the Orange River and the Fisher River Canyon.
The most fascinating thing was cycling in the wild desert surrounded by wild animals like Oryxes, Springboks, Baboons, Giraffs, Ostriches, ...
Generally speaking the tour is easy due to the general good conditions of the roads and to the fact that the area is touristic and many cars can give you support in case of need, for example supplying water.
The 15 stages were
- Day1: Windhoek - Rehoboth (92 km) (asfalt)
- Day 2: Rehoboth - Klein Aub (88 km)
- Day 3: Klein Aub - Solitaire (107 km)
- Day 4: Solitaire - Sesriem (91 km)
- Day 5: Tour in Kulala Park (54 km)
- Day 6: Sesriem - Wolwedans Dunes Camp (93 km)
- Day 7: Wolwedans Dunes Camp - Betta (93 km); note that it is not possible to go forward south from Wolwedans Dunes Camp: it is forbidden.
- Day 8: Betta - Namtib Desert Camp (111 km)
- Day 9:Namtib Desert Camp - Aus (120 km)
- Day 10: Aus - Rosh Pinah (170 km) (asfalt)
- Day 11: Rosh Pinah - Ausserkeher (113 km)
- Day 12: Ausserkeher -Ai-Ais (78 km)
- Day 13: Ai-Ais - Hobas (72 km)
- Day 14: Hobas - Fisher River Canyon - Hobas (23 km)
- Day15: Hobas - Keetmanshoop (150 km) (last 32 on asfalt)
I came back to Windhoek by car.